This is my first post so wanted it to be on something both my hubby and son likes. But my son is very choosy in his taste. He likes mostly sweet dishes and not much savory items. So i decided to do these chocolate chip cookies. My son and me like it crispier and my hubby prefers a chewier one. This recipe is thin and crispier version. I have tried this one quite a few times and always it just gets over on the same day…such a big hit in my house. I always chop some dark chocolate bar for my cookies instead of adding choco chips… like this one better.
Adapted from Gayathri’s cookspot
Makes 16 cookies
Butter- 75 gms (room temperature)
Powdered sugar- 6 tablespoon
Milk- 1 tablespoon
Vanilla extract- 1/2 teaspoon
Maida- 1 cup
Baking powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
Chocolate chips- 6 tablespoon (I chopped a dark chocolate bar)
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda once and keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a whisk for 3 to 4 mins. Mix in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Add the chopped chocolate and the flour mixture and form a soft dough. (If the dough is very sticky you can add a tablespoon of flour or if its dry a teaspoon of milk; this depends upon the flour we use).
- Divide the mixture into 16 balls (I used a tablespoon to measure and divided it roughly). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten the balls on the tray with atleast an inch space between them.
- Bake it for 15-18 mins untill it gets golden brown colour.
- Remove it from the oven and after 3-4 mins transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely. Store in an air tight container.
Cream the butter and sugar
Mix in the vanilla extract and milk
Add the choco chips and flour
Form a soft dough
Arrange the cookie dough on the tray
Bake for 15-18 mins at 175C
Cool on a wire rack
- Baking time varies from oven to oven, so keep an eye towards the end of the baking time.
- If using black baking tray, you might have to reduce your baking time by 10 degrees to avoid burning.
- I kept few cookies closer in the tray so they almost touched each other towards the end so 1 inch spacing preferred.